We are currently seeking a full-time member of staff to join our small team based within our shop on Bretonside in Plymouth City Centre.
Bretonside Copy is a local, independent printing company, specialising in graphic design for print, digital print, and print finishing in a fast turn-around environment.
The role is quite varied, involving the following tasks on a daily basis:
• Receiving and discussing orders with customers at the counter, via email and over the phone.
• Quoting for orders and responding to enquiries.
• Preparing supplied artwork for print and on occasion designing artwork to customer’s requirements.
• Operating a range of digital printing and print finishing equipment.
• Completing administration tasks including invoicing, processing payments and managing customer accounts.
Our working week is from Monday to Friday inclusive and the hours are from 9am until 5.30pm. However, to cater for our early morning opening at 8.30am each day, we operate a rota whereby for one day in three the hours worked will be from 8.30am until 5.00pm.
Full training will be provided to the successful applicant on the various printing and print finishing equipment that the new employee will be using.
The successful candidate should possess:
• an ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
• good attention to detail with an interest in print production and finishing processes
• the ability to efficiently manage deadlines and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced working environment
• competency in the use of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
• a good eye for design and layout
• good communication and customer service skills across telephone, email and face to face conversation
• a good level of English and Maths
• the attributes of a good team player being able to work well within a close-knit team of 4 staff but also the ability to work alone unsupervised when the need arises.
If you think that you possess the required skills and experience required, then please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org